Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pre- judging

I remember when I was heading home from the supposed business meeting I had at Grosvenor Gardens, in Victoria, London. Two guys asking me for directions towards Finsbury park. I did give the directions. And then they asked if I spoke French... I speak barely enough to save my life.
So we got chatting... and then they asked if I was married. .....Cos I look contented. Peaceful with no worries. I thought they were absolutely MAD.... but that was only what they felt about me. I had absolutely no worries... nothing bothering me. I was happy inside. My life on the right side up.
Okay... I get the picture.... But it was only yesterday that I realised that I had drawn the same conclusions about HIM.

I met him about a year ago... at the High Commission. Yeah.. we were both moaning about the services they had to offer.. and then we parted ways. He took my number... and somehow I did not take his. I wonder why that happened.
OK... so moving on.. He called me that night to check up on me. That was very thoughtful of him. SO we talked a bit more the third day.. and that was it. I remember thinking that he reminded me of a Nerd.. someone totally into books and work. He wore glasses.... the kind the geeks use. Funny thing though, is that I appreciate geeks and nerds, I think they are focused and driven, unlike the rest of this world.
He definitely knew what he was doing... with work.. The way he talked about work..Oh.. he enjoys what he does. ( my thoughts).
So... Then I thought to myslf.. he does look married. Not because I saw a ring. There was none. But he looked contented. No worries.. like he was tuly married ( married for all the right reasons). I remember telling a friend when I got home after meeting him, she asked.. is he married... I said.. well I did not ask. He looked married ( like there is a way married men are supposed ot look!!!!). But I did like him. He was very sure of himself.

So I get a text message from a strange number last night,... it was him... telling me he had been transferred to Switzerland. How lucky for him. To be where all the action is. He definitely must be good at his job, otherwise, he would not have been taken to Switzerland. So I called back... and we spoke. It was there he mentioned that he was not married. Good Lord!!... I did not respond like I thought I would. In fact, i'd say that my brain was rebooting at that time, so I could not process the new information. He is not married!!!???? What was I thinking. SO he asks for my email address.. I gave him. And I did the very same thing that I did when we met initially, I did not ask for his email address!!. Why do I do stuff like that?
Okay, so.. I sent a text with my email, which was not receipted, so I am not sure if he got it....So I guess, I shall have to wait to receive a mail form him as a confirmation.

Ah.. so there it is.

No comments: